Form for Establishing a Visitation Schedule

Get free legal form for visitation schedule here.

When spouses separate, the non-custodial parent often has to put up with the whims of the custodial parent (or the one with whom the child or children reside) when it comes to seeing their common children.

Strained communications can make visitation especially painful for the seeking parent and the children who are caught in the middle of the warring parents.  Issues like marital infidelity and support often get in the way of visitation when one parent uses the children to punish the other for a marital issue.

This is why having a formal written visitation agreement is important not only to ensure compliance  by both parents but also to prevent unnecessary bickering.

Here is a sample form that you can use as a guide for your own visitation schedule.  It is a basic template that you can work with by adding or excluding terms as you see fit. 

Some things to remember:

  • Have your lawyer and the other party’s lawyer negotiate the terms to avoid nitpicking and emotional arguments.
  • Know your non negotiables and be ready to meet the other halfway on the other terms.
  • Remember that visitation is not about support although the issues seem to be tied.  You should not prevent your children from seeing the other parent who failed to provide support.
  • Get the visitation agreement approved in court to add teeth in case the other party violates any of its terms.
  • Be flexible whenever possible.  Visitation agreements are not cast in stone;  what is best for your children should be the ultimate goal when following its terms.

7 thoughts on “Form for Establishing a Visitation Schedule

  1. Trey Meader

    It’s amazing to pay a quick visit this web page and reading the views of all colleagues regarding this piece of writing, while I am also keen of getting know-how.

  2. mae v**********

    hi attorney, i have 3 years old son pero hindi kami kasal ng father nya. 1 year p lng baby namin when he went to abroad as a seaman and he promised me na magpapadala sya ng panggastos nmin mag ina but it didn’t happen, i found out na may iba na syang gf and i demanded a support for his child pero di sya ngbibigay at after 2 years umuwi na sya dito sa pilipinas at hindi na nagpakita samen. he will getting married soon sa bago nyang gf and again, i demanded him to give financial support for my son pero wala syang binibigay para sa anak nya.. magkano po ang dapat na matanggap na anak ko monthly from him? babalik pa rin xa sa abrod after pwede ko po ba syang singilin sa 2 years na hindi nya pagsusustento nya sa anak namin? he never visited his son pagkarating nya dito.

    i”ll wait for your advice atty. kindly send it on my email if its okay with you,, and thanks in advance 🙂

    1. Atty. Post author

      Mae: As requested, reply sent via email. Pls check your inbox.

      1. jason.

        good evening ma’am i have 6months old daughter with my ex girl friend and we’re not married..since she gave birth with our daughter she live in our residence but unfortunately we separated again in some reasons so she decided to get back at there house,,since then until now as a father i tried to ask permission if i can able to borrow my daughter out for any days of a week but then she refuses all my request so i started wondering why she’s not allowing me and giving me some rights despite that i never fail to give the necessities and needs of my daughter not in cash but in kinds completely.. my question ma’am if i can bring my daughter in our house?? go out with my family? or with my parents?. i just felt unfair to my side for not having a bonding time with my daughter.. please respond for my question ma’am.. all i want is a bonding for the two of us.. thank you mam.

      2. Atty. Post author

        Jason: The child is only 6 months– at that age, taking the child out of the mother’s house is not ideal for her safety and health. Maybe when the child is older, you can ask for that kind of privilege from the child’s mother. The child is not a toy and her needs come first. Infants need their mothers for nurturing, feeding, etc. Actually, that is one of the known disadvantages of not being married to the child’s mother– the rights of an illegitimate father are really limited.

  3. JM

    Mam what if the father of a 5yrs. Old girl insist not only visit the child but to take his daughter to other places while he is capable of not returning the child to her mother because what he really want is custody? What legal actions should a mother do to prevent the father from doing it? And what if the father is harassing the mother?given the situation that the mother have a fiancé that can support the needs of her daughter and her’s and loves them so much. But the mother is not capable of hiring a lawyer incase they go to court.

    1. Atty. Post author

      JM: You can approach the Public Attorney’s Office for free legal assistance– there are income requirements though and you’ll have to check if you qualify for free legal services. I also suggest that you try to write down your terms for visitation and put limitations on time and place and let the father sign it, so that he is aware of his duties under that agreement. I hope this helps.

Comments are closed.